The By-Laws posted on the Town of New Tecumseth web site are for reference purposes only. These are some of the more commonly referred to regulatory By-Laws which are enforced by the By-law Enforcement Officers and the Town of New Tecumseth.
By-Laws are updated on a regular basis - please contact staff for the most current information. For questions concerning other By-Laws or to obtain true and certified copies of By-Laws, please contact the Town Clerk.
To view and print the following PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have the reader installed, please go to Adobe's website to download it for free.
- Adult Entertainment By-Law 2002-182
To provide for licensing, regulating, governing classifying and inspecting adult entertainment parlours or any class or classes thereof.
- Adult Magazines By-Law 1993-096
A by-law to regulate the display of adult magazines and videotapes in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Barking Dogs By-Law 1993-095
A By-law for the control of the barking of dogs.
- Bicycles On Sidewalks Prohibited By-Law 2002-106
A by-law to prohibit bicycles and other vehicles on sidewalks within the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Bridge/Culvert Weight Restriction By-Law
A by-law to provide for the restriction of the weight of vehicles passing over a bridge/culvert.
- Building Permit By-Law 2005-073
A By-Law to regulate Building Permits and conditions for occupation under the Building Code Act, S.O. 1992, Chapter B.23, as amended.
- Business Holiday Exemption By-Law 2002-063
A by-law to permit retail establishments in the Town of New Tecumseth to be open on certain holidays for the maintenance or development of tourism.
- Canine Control By-Law 2008-110 (Consolidated) Schedule "B"
A By-law for licensing dogs, for prohibiting the running at large of dogs, and for seizing, impounding and destroying dogs.
- Cleaning and Clearing By-Law 2008-047
A By-Law to require and regulate the fill cleaning and clearing of any lands within the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Community Safety Zones By-Law 99-115
A by-law to designate parts of highways under the jurisdiction of the Town of New Tecumseth as community safety zones.
- Dangerous Dogs By-Law 2002-045 (Consolidated)
To provide for the muzzling of dogs declared dangerous in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Dog Excrement Removal By-Law 1993-131
To regulate the removal of dog excrement on public or private property.
- Fees & Charges By-law 2007-229 (Consolidated)
A by-law to establish fees or charges for services or activities provided or done by or on behalf of The Corporation of the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Planning Fees By-law 2007-230 (Consolidated)
To by-law to prescribe a tariff of fees for processing applications in respect to planning matters.
- Fence By-Law 2007-100 (consolidated) & Division Fence By-Law 2007-101
To prescribe the height and description of fences and to regulate fences around privately owned swimming pools in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Firearms By-law 2006-029 (Consolidated) FireArms Schedule
To regulate the discharge of firearms in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Fireworks By-Law 1993-136
A By-law to control the sale, setting off and display of fireworks.
- Hawkers and Pedlars By-Law (Consolidated)
To license, regulate and govern Hawkers and Pedlars.
- Kennel By-Law 2008-111
A By-law to control and regulate the operation of Kennels within the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Littering By-Law 1993-81
To prohibit littering in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Loitering By-Law 1993-82
To prohibit loitering in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Motorized Vehicles in Parks 2007-231
A by-law to regulate and prohibit the use of motorized vehicles in municipal parks within the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Municipal Addressing By-Law 1997-62 (Consolidated)
To provide for the numbering of buildings along highways and streets and the keeping of a record of such highways and streets and the numbers allocated to structures adjacent thereto.
- Municipal Sewers Discharge By-Law 2002-151
A by-law to Control Discharges to Municipal Sewers Pursuant to the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1990, C.M.45
- Noise Control By-Law 2011-110
To prohibit and abate certain noises causing a public nuisance in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Open Air Burning By-Law (Consolidated)
For prescribing the times during which fires may be set in the open air and the precautions to be observed by persons setting out fires.
- Parking and Traffic By-Law 1993-128 (Consolidated)
To regulate traffic and parking in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Places of Amusement By-Law (Consolidated)
To regulate and license places of amusement.
- Property Standards By-Law 1994-023
Property Standards By-Law Amended 1995-020
To prescribe standards for the maintenance and occupancy of property within the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Purchasing Policy as part of By-Law 2007-235
To establish procurement policies for the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Reduced Load Limit By-Law 2013-028
To regulate reduced load limits on municipal roads.
- Refreshment Vehicle Licensing By-Law (Consolidated)
To license, regulate and govern vehicles from which refreshments are sold for consumption by the public.
- Sign By-Law 2010-014
A by-law to Regulate Signs and Other Advertising Devices.
- Site Alteration and Fill By-Law 2012-136
Being a By-law of the Corporation of the Town of New Tecumseth to prohibit or regulate the placing or dumping of fill, soil stripping and/or alteration to the grade of lands in areas of the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Site Plan Control Areas By-Law 2002-20
A by-law to establish Site Plan Control Areas in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Speed Limit By-Law 2002-166
A By-Law to regulate the speed of motor vehicles in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Swimming Pools - see Fence By-Law 2007-100 (consolidated)
- Standing Water By-law (Consolidated)
A By-Law to regulate Standing Water in New Tecumseth.
- Taxicab and Limousine By-Law (Consolidated)
To licence, regulate and govern Owners and Drivers of Taxicab service and Owners of Limousine Service in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Trailer By-Law (Consolidated)
A By-Law to license certain trailers located within the Town.
- Wildlife and Prohibited Animals By-Law 93-135 (Consolidated)
A By-law to prohibit or regulate the keeping of animals in the Town of New Tecumseth.
- Zoning By-law 1996-103 (Consolidated), Appendix A
Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule C, Schedule D, Schedule E, Schedule F, Schedule F1, Schedule G, Schedule H
The Town of New Tecumseth Zoning By-law 96-103 was approved in 1996 and has been subject to 117 amendments to consolidation in December 2009. The consolidation is not a legal document. In the event of a discrepancy between the consolidation and an amendment, reference shall be had to the original, approved, amending by-law. There have been amendments approved since December 31, 2009. For information pertaining to these, please contact the Planning Department.